rticles and essays
- The Oldest Version of J.R.R. Tolkiens Legendarium - John Garth
The text consists of three parts: a fragment of the book Tolkien and the Great War by John Garth, presenting the oldest known outline of the cosmogony of Tolkiens universe; extensive comments on the book; and finally some observations of the translator, Tadeusz A. Olszański Halbarad Dunadan. The text shows the very origins of the fictional world of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- The Polish Story of The Lord of the Rings - Tadeusz A. Olszański Halbarad Dunadan
The author discusses the story of the Polish translations of The Lord of the Rings, the first of which was published in early 1960s. He also looks for an answer to the question of how it was possible at all for the book to be published so early in a country governed by communists. The article was first printed in Aiglos Special Issue; this version is slightly altered so as to meet the expectations of the Polish Readers.
- Man Towards Magic, Technology and Fairy Tales - Anna Adamczyk 'Nifrodel'
When technology is sufficiently advanced, is it possible to be told from magic? Does technology, fulfilling fairy tale dreams, bring happiness to people? These and other questions are answered in this essay.
- Glorfindel or the Charm of Understatements - Michał Lesniewski M.L.
The text deals with one of those theoretically marginal characters of whom we suspect that they are more important than can be deduced from the amount of attention devoted to them on the pages of the book. The author tries to describe such a character and to evaluate his qualities, role and function, both specifically in the Lord of the Rings and generally in the Legendarium. He attempts to present the characters evolution and connections with other threads of Tolkiens mythology, and finally to reconstruct the ultimate version of his fate
- The Trial of Maeglin - Karolina Stopa-Olszańska Melinir and Catherine Karina Chmiel Kasiopea
Defendant Maeglin son of Eol, stand up before the High Court or a duel of arguments between the Defence (Catherine Karina Chmiel Kasiopea) and the Prosecution (Karolina Stopa-Olszańska Melinir). A ruthless Elf or a talented, sensitive boy? A traitor or Morgoths victim? Guilty or not guilty?
anfiction and poetry
Translated by: Katarzyna Karina Chmiel 'Kasiopea'
- From the Michel Delving Post Office Archives - Zofia Stanecka Nasturcja Gamgee
Or what the Hobbits like almost the best ;)
- The Sting - Ty Rosenthal Tyellas
Maeglin shows his good qualities and makes something which will be recognized by all Tolkien fans.
The issue contains a comic strip, being a continuation of the series Scenes from the Lives of Lolves "Beware the Ides of March" by Izabela Kamińska 'Elenai'
And finally there is a selection of poetry by by Avari , Nifrodel and Zofia Stawowa. Tolkien news from Poland and abroad, and Tolkien riddles.
eviews and interviews
- Interview with W.G. Hammond and Christina Scull -by the Aiglos Editorial Staff
- To Beowulfs Rescue -review by Marcin Morawski 'Lomendil'
- T.C.B.S. and the Great War (review of Tolkien and the Great War by John Garth)-review by -Karolina Stopa-Olszańska Melinir
- Tolkien and the Germanic Mythology (as Well as Some other Things) (review of: Mittelerde: Tolkien und die germanische Mythologie by Rudolf Simek; Elbisch. Grammatik, Schrift und Woerterbuch der Elben-Sprache von J.R.R. Tolkien by Helmut W.Pesch; and Tolkien: sur les rivages de la terre du millieu by Vincente Ferré) -review by -Jakub Z. Lichański
- A Collection of Footnotes to the Lord of the Rings and Even More Than That (review of The Lord of the Rings: A Readers Companion by Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull) -review by Michał Lesniewski M.L.
- Scientifically about Middle-earth (review of The Science of Middle-earth by Henry Gee) -review by -Tadeusz A. Olszański Halbarad Dunadan
- The Lord of the Rings the Book and the Film According to the Postgraduate Students at the University of Adam Mickiewicz (review of Władcy Pierscieni presje, opresje i przyjemności kultury popularnej, edited by Marta Marchow, Dorota Mroczkowska and Marek Troszyński) -review by -Anna Adamczyk Nifrodel