rticles and essays
- Tolkiens philosophy and theology of death
- Christopher Garbowski
The article is concerned with high and low theology of death in Tolkiens writings and its role in Middle-earth.
- Reinterpretation of the heroic ideal in Tolkiens writings on the basis of selected fragments of The Lord of the Rings - Łukasz Neubauer
The text is devoted to Tolkiens redefinition of the notion of heroism in the context of medieval literary traditions, the point of reference being The Battle of Maldon.
- All things considered, they shouldnt be called by name. Proper names magic in Arda - Zofia Żółtek 'Lassemista'
This is an attempt at showing Tolkiens approach to the question of the magic role of proper names in the universe he created. The subject of analysis are numerous examples from The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion.
- The Necromancers necromancy. Black magic, possession and zombie
- Jakub Tymiński 'Ominous'
The article deals with the broadly conceived necromancy and death magic in Middle-earth on the basis of the comparison of the English term "Necromancer" and the Polish term "nekromanta"
- Éomers classical sources? Éomunds son vs. young hero figure in antiquity - Łukasz Szelšg 'leszli'
The article aims at explaining Éomer in the context of his transformation from an aspiring hero to a full-fledged hero and ruler. The analysis shows his similarity to young Greek heroes, thus pointing to Tolkiens classical inspirations
anfiction and poetry
- Gaffer Gamgees Bedtime Story - Zosia Stanecka 'Nasturcja Gamgee'
The story is exceptionally told by Rose, who tells how the brave Hamfast tried to take care of three little Hobbits and what came out of it.
- The last queen - Tekla Cichocka 'Tici'
A story about Fíriel, Ondohers daughter and Arveduis wife, told by herself.
eviews and interviews
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies a collective review of the film by the editorial staff
- An interview with Thomas Honegger conducted on behalf of the editorial staff and translated by Łukasz Neubauer, Ph.D
- "What to make of this Hobbit?" a polemic against Maria Błaszkiewiczs article by Tadeusz Andrzej Olszański Halbarad Dúnadan
- "What to make of this Hobbit?" Maria Błaszkiewiczs answer to Tadeusz Andrzej Olszańskis polemic
- "A few more words on Gil-galads paternity" a polemic by - Michał Leniewski 'M.L.' against Barbara Cecylia Liwos article "Gil-galad a paternity case"
- J.R.R. Tolkiens Beowulf by Arletta Chwojnicka 'Eilíf'
J.R.R. Tolkien, Beowulf. A Translation and Commentary together with Sellic Spell, HarperCollinsPublishers 2014, ISBN: 978-0-00-759006-3.
- D. Days A Tolkien Bestiary by Karolina Stopa - Olszańska 'Melinir' (Beasts, plants, creatures, and miraculous occurrences)
David Day, Bestiariusz Tolkienowski, tł. R. Giedrojć, J. Kokot, J.Z. Lichański, Zysk i S-ka, Poznań 1996, s. 224, ISBN 83-7150-068-8.
- J. Pearces Bilbos Journey by Tadeusz Andrzej Olszański Halbarad Dúnadan (Bilbo, or rather his biographer, astray)
Joseph Pearce, Podróż Bilba. Chrzecijańskie przesłanie "Hobbita", eSPe, Kraków 2014.
- The extended DVD edition of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug by Agnieszka Sylwanowicz Evermind HS Took (A new trend in blockbusters?)
There is a hobbit genealogical crossword puzzle designed by Karolina Stopa-Olszanska 'Melinir'. You will find also Tolkien news from Poland and abroad.