rticles and essays
- Völsunga Saga As An Inspiration For J.R.R. Tolkien - Renata Leniakiewicz-Drzymała
The text tries to trace possible Tolkiens references to themes known from the medieval saga. The Author analyses great works of the legendarium and the shorter Farmer Giles of Ham, not belonging to the Middle-earth reality.
- Chronology of Middle-earth. Second Age. Part II - Michał Leniewski 'M.L.'
The Author concludes his chronology, starting in 1732 and ending with the fall of Sauron; of necessity, on account of the available material, the chronology is focused on the history of Númenor.
- A Few Words On The Women In Tolkiens Works - Karolina Stopa-Olszańska 'Melinir'
This is a text on female characters and various ways of their presentation in The Lord of the Rings and other works of Tolkien.
- Éowyn: The Misunderstood Princess of Rohan - Justyna Brzezińska
The aim of the article is to present, by an analysis of the relations of the princess with the others, the character of Éowyn, showing her as a complex female character, the supposed lack of whom in The Lord of the Rings is stressed by the fans and the critics. The Author seeks to prove that Éowyn is unjustly underestimated and her character and deeds are misinterpreted.
- Dwarvish Funeral Rites - Magdalena Kudelska 'Geirve'
This is an attempt to reconstruct these rites through the ages; this important race has often been scorned by the readers and the article tries to show the character of the Dwarves as conceived by Tolkien.
- Demolishing The Tower Built in Beleriand. Arda Reconstructed, i.e. Some Remarks on D.C. Kanes Book, Tolkienologists, And Christopher Tolkiens Editing Michał Leniewski 'M.L.'
This extensive review focuses on the criticism directed at the book and polemicizes with the critics theses, showing how little they concern the book itself. The author does not defend the book, although he considers it an important event in Tolkien studies.
anfiction and poetry
- Between Us - Kasiopea
A shadow of the past wakes up memories and wraiths, and makes Faramir ask his uncles advice in a series of letters.
- Only When He Wishes To - 'Tina Latawiec'
We all know what the story of the last Steward of Gondor looked like, but let us try to see it from his perspective...
- From the Archives of Michel Delving Messenger Service - Zosia Stanecka 'Nasturcja Gamgee'
Here are the letters of Elanor the Fair, Sams daughter, to Erwin, her friend from Gondor, and to Fastred of Greenholm, her fiancé, concerning her engagement and the future wedding. Rose Gamgee writes on the same subject to Pimpernell Took and it turns out they all have differing notions about a Hobbit wedding.
- The Council of Elrond - Katarzyna Wojdak 'Avari'
A one-act humorous play in verse, in which a surprising solution to the problem of the Ring is found.
There is a logogriph in the issue made by Katarzyna Staniewska 'Elring'.
There is a selection of poetry by by Katarzyna Wojdak 'Avari' , Anna Adamczyk-liwińska 'Nifrodel' , Janina Stasiszyn 'Míriel Mirima' and Katarzyna Staniewska 'Elring'. There are also noteworthy events in Poland and abroad, and riddles.
eviews and interviews
- An interview with Jarosław Florczak ('Elek Bregalad') - the editorial staff
- Robert S. Blackham, Tolkien's Oxford - reviewed by Agnieszka Sylwanowicz Evermind H.S. Took
- Elizabeth A. Whittingham, The Evolution of Tolkien's Mythology. A Study of the History of Middle-earth - reviewed by Michał Leniewski 'M.L.'